A part-time Claims Associate who has experience in professional liability and directors’ and officers’ insurance is needed to join a leading Lloyd’s of London broker based in the City of London. Expect to become a key team member, coordinating multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
This is a part-time role at 25 hours per week. Flexible work from home options available.
Founded in 2008, New Dawn Risk is a specialist insurance broker that focuses on placing complex liability and other speciality insurance and reinsurance risks with insurers across all major markets (including Lloyds and the London Market, Bermuda, DIFC, Singapore and many others). Due to an exciting period of growth, we are now seeking a proactive part-time Claims Associate to work closely with the Claims Manager.
Key activities and responsibilities
The Claims Associate will be responsible for assisting in the coordination and broking of all claims within the company. Whether you are maintaining client files, building relationships with clients, understanding market changes, resolving issues, liaising with overseas brokers, maintaining claims files, obtaining loss runs or assisting in the preparation of claims reports and statistics, it will be your strong insurance product knowledge across PI & DO that ensures accurate and timely payments for clients.
Key attributes and qualifications
The ideal candidate will have previously served as a Claims Associate / Insurance Claims Associate / Claims Handler / Claims Broker / Insurance Claims Handler / Insurance Claims Consultant / Claims Support Administrator or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Claims experience for both professional liability and directors & officers insurance.
- Strong insurance product knowledge.
- Strong relationships within the sector.
- Knowledge of London Market systems, particularly ECF.
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills.
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office.
- An outgoing and engaging self-starter who has confidence in communicating with clients.
- Strong work and service ethics to achieve desired outputs working in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts.
- You are open, engaging, approachable and collaborative with a down to earth personality and a sense of personal ownership to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- You are adaptable, methodical, versatile with a keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy.
- Lloyd’s experience is desirable but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Claims Associate with a strong work ethic to join a fast-moving and forward-thinking team. Expect to grow your skills and experience within a refreshing and approachable environment where you will be well-rewarded for your efforts.