New Dawn Risk Group is an established specialist insurance intermediary responsible for servicing a worldwide portfolio of UK and International clients. We focus on placing complex liability and other specialty insurance and reinsurance risks with insurers in all major markets including Lloyd’s of London.
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time senior directors & officers’ liability broker to join our rapidly growing business. This role reports directly to the Head of Management Liability and Financial Institutions.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Developing strategic sales / business development plans to grow our international D&O portfolio and other target business.
- Developing new management liability business, with a focus on larger deals and facilities.
- Identifying classes of business in which opportunities exist for New Dawn Risk to play a relevant role and developing strategy to take advantage of such opportunities.
- Providing mentoring on broking tactics and technique for less-experienced brokers.
- Providing technical product expertise to enhance our client offerings both at individual risk level and portfolio level.
- Travelling internationally (between 6 – 8 trips per year) to meet with producing brokers, cedants and clients to generate new business and enhance existing relationships.
- Contributing to New Dawn Risk’s ongoing strategy development and planning.
Desirable attributes and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office.
- Outgoing and engaging person who has the gravitas and confidence in communicating with and influencing clients.
- A personal style with integrity which engenders confidence in others and the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally.
- A self-starter.
- Strong work and service ethics to achieve desired outputs working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts.
- Open, engaging, approachable and collaborative with a down to earth personality and a sense of personal ownership to achieve results and meet deadlines.
- Adaptable, methodical, versatile with a keen eye for attention to detail and accuracy.
The compensation package for this role will include a competitive salary, a performance-based bonus based on new business production and renewal retention (in respect of renewing any new business produced).