New Dawn Risk Group is looking to fill a full-time, permanent Account Controller role for one of our broking teams. We are a fast-growing, young and dynamic Lloyd’s of London-based specialist insurance and reinsurance broker, based in the City of London. The candidate that fills this role will work with our brokers in providing coordinated placement support and client servicing.
This is a great opportunity to join an established Lloyd’s broker and is ideal for someone looking to eventually develop their career as an insurance broker.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Supporting the brokers in all aspects of account management
- Tracking risks
- Assisting with monetary transactions and keeping track of outstanding funds on behalf of the team
- Immediate benefit statement record entry
- Producing correspondence
- Interacting with clients, brokers, and underwriters
- Preparation of slip and broking packs; quotes; cover note and debit notes
- Renewal management
- General administration of all ongoing accounts
- Ensuring client files are complete
- Other on-going account management activities
Key attributes and experience
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree from a Russell Group university or similar, having graduated with at least a 2:1. They will be a bright team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- A very high standard of written English
- Strong mathematical and financial skills
- Analytical skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to work well in a team
- Confidence and an outgoing disposition
The compensation package for this role will include a competitive salary, benefits and training program.
In 2021 New Dawn Risk Group set up New Dawn Risk (Europe) Limited as a specialist insurance intermediary responsible for servicing European and Maltese brokers. We focus on placing complex liability and other speciality insurance and reinsurance risks with insurers in all major markets including Lloyd’s of London. Please follow the embedded hyperlinks above for more information.
We are currently looking for a permanent full-time Junior Account Executive to join our rapidly growing business. This role reports directly to the Senior Executive Manager.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Developing strategic sales / business development plans to grow our UK professional and financial lines and other target business.
- Identifying classes of business in which opportunities exist for New Dawn Risk to play a relevant role and developing a strategy to take advantage of such opportunities.
- Producer broker relationship management.
- Managing the flow of new submissions, chasing quotes, etc.
- Quote preparation.
- Cover note and debit note preparation.
- Broking business when appropriate.
- Servicing renewals – sending out reminders, renewal proposal forms, etc.
- Identifying prospects and building a sales pipeline.
Desirable skills and qualifications for an Account Executive:
- A proven and experienced retail producer, who can hit the ground running.
- Established product knowledge, particularly in Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers Liability.
- An individual who wants to drive their own business responsibilities and to accelerate their career.
- At least a year’s experience in insurance in Professional Indemnity or Management Liability broking or Account Management or a graduate with a desire to work in insurance
- Strong insurance product knowledge.
- Undergraduate degree-level education.
- And/or on the way to ACII qualification.
Key attributes and experience:
The successful candidate will most likely have a degree and will have some business experience. Whilst previous insurance experience would be of help, particular with a Professional Indemnity focus, this may be substituted by experience in other areas of insurance where the candidate is able to demonstrate that they have the requisite aptitude to learn quickly and understand key financial as well as business mechanics.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate real examples of independent thought and action and should exhibit an aptitude to understand complex instructions and willingness to ask for guidance where necessary.
We would not rule out a bright, astute and ambitious graduate with some experience who has a mature mindset, an appetite to learn the ropes to start a career in insurance broking.
This position represents an exciting opportunity for a bright individual to take a position of responsibility early in their career, to learn a great deal about the business of insurance very quickly, and to become a key member of a fast-growing team with a real opportunity to take an accelerated career path.
- Excellent communication skills, they will be able to demonstrate a very high standard of written English
- Strong numeracy skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A high level of competency with IT
- An enthusiastic self-starter and a fast learner who is self-motivated
- Ability to meet deadlines and to take responsibility
- The role requires interaction with our clients around the world, thus, strong verbal communications skills are also important.
The compensation package for this role will include a competitive salary and private health insurance.