This is a new senior position that will require a high level of market experience. We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced salesperson, who will develop our UK business with their product knowledge, networking and sales skills.
The creation of this role signifies a key expansion for New Dawn Risk, a specialist insurance and reinsurance broker operating in the London Market. The company has recently invested in building a UK-focused wholesale division, and this next step into direct corporate retail business is a natural progression of the company’s strategy.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Developing strategic sales / business development plans to grow our UK professional and financial lines and other target business.
- Identifying classes of business in which opportunities exist for New Dawn Risk to play a relevant role and developing a strategy to take advantage of such opportunities.
- Engaging with prospective clients by phone, by email and through networking opportunities.
- Building a portfolio of high-value clients (target minimum total commission £10,000 per client) with renewable policies across the UK.
- Travelling nationally to meet with new and existing clients to build and enhance relationships and generate new business referrals.
- Contributing to New Dawn Risk’s ongoing strategy development and planning.
- Supporting New Dawn Risk’s training objectives through structured training sessions of the broking and account management teams.
- Engaging with key insurers and supporting our broking teams in placing new and renewal business.
Key attributes and experience:
- A proven and experienced retail producer, who can hit the ground running.
- Established product knowledge, particularly in Professional Indemnity and Directors & Officers Liability.
- An individual who wants to drive their own business responsibilities and to accelerate their career.
- Confident, motivated and experienced at cold calling and presenting.
- Experienced in networking.
- Gravitas to represent the company in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to travel nationally.
- Exemplary client care and service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The compensation package for this role will include a competitive salary, commission on new business production and renewal retention (in respect of renewing any new business produced), and participation in a company health insurance programme and pension scheme.